This event has passed and registration is closed
New Program! School Crisis Recovery & Renewal COVID Leadership Coaching Series in March 2020
Are you a school leader or team that has experienced a crisis in the past and are now facing COVID response?
Leading school communities through crisis recovery and renewal while responding is hard and complex. As schools grapple with returning to in-person, in-building, or remaining virtual in 2021, we offer an opportunity for school teams to join us for four weeks of personalized and peer support-based coaching to get and provide support.
March 2021 Update: Thank you to all that submitted an interest form! School teams have been contacted about cohort participation.
What is this coaching series about?
School site leadership teams from across the country gather together for this four-part series on learning and application centered in trauma-informed leadership strategies during COVID-19 and to bridge leadership strategies between crisis response, recovery, and renewal.
This coaching experience is rooted in values that center integration, healthy communication, personal and structural reflection, collaboration, growth and healing.
Who is this for?
This four-part series is designed to support school communities who have been through a crisis in the past (e.g., natural disaster, student death(s), school – community shootings) and have been responding to the COVID-19 crisis.
We welcome school teams who are invested in creating a culture that is humanizing, compassionate, and attuned to the varied needs of staff and students and who are committed to prioritizing the creation and maintenance of trauma-informed structures.
Who to include on your comprehensive SCRR COVID Leadership Coaching school team:
- Each school community should identify 2-6 school community members who are central to decision making on your campus.
- We encourage you to bring members who lead from diverse parts of the school ecosystem. Team members may include but are not limited to: School site principals, coordinators, after-school/OST coordinators, family/student resource center coordinators, wellness/school health center coordinators, restorative justice coordinators, special education coordinators, family liaison coordinators, school social workers, behavior health/student support coordinators, athletics/arts coordinators, pathway/teacher leaders, grade team leads, community schools management, school safety coordinators. The more diverse in roles and responsibilities the better!
- We welcome already existing teams (PBIS leadership teams, instructional leadership teams, crisis response teams)
What should I expect from this series?
Participants will be introduced to four foundational leadership competencies Trauma Informed Leadership, Mindfulness and Reflection, Relational Leadership, and Radical and Critical Inquiry and will also have the opportunity to build relationships and learn from fellow education leaders from across the country.
Each session begins with a presentation of a leadership competency followed by a discussion on applying the competency within their own school contexts and culture. This series makes use of mini-lectures, small and group discussions, and follow up practices.
Learning Objectives: SCRR COVID Leadership Coaching School Teams will…
- Explore four healing-centered leadership competencies to support building trauma-informed school cultures and structures during and after school crises
- Examine logistical considerations, tensions, and implementation questions that will inevitably arise when leading in the context of COVID-19
- Build on their confidence, knowledge and ability to respond by having a place to process challenges, difficulties, get support, and offer and receive counsel from their peers
What happens after?
Following completion of the four-part series in March, each school team will have the opportunity to schedule follow-up TA and coaching sessions (either site-based or in smaller teams).
*Participants can also receive a Certificate of Completion depending on role and district requirements for valid learning hours. Attendance will be verified.
Who is leading this experience?
Antoine Moore (he/him/his), MA, MPP SCRR Field Coach, Trauma Transformed
Oriana Ides (she/hers), MA, LPCCI, PPS SCRR Field Coach, Center for Applied Research Solutions
Scheduled Dates in 2021: (times TBA)
- March 4th
- March 11th
- March 18th
- March 25th
The coaching sessions are 90 minutes long. The exact time slot will be determined by your vote when you fill out this interest form.
Fill out this form by 2/1/2021. We’ll let you know all the details with time confirmation by 2/5/2021.
Email us at SCRR@cars-rp.org