Trauma Informed School Systems for Crisis Recovery and Renewal
December 1, 2022 • 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. PT / 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET
Online via Zoom
As school systems continue to navigate uncertainty on a variety of fronts, the impacts of these challenges will continue to be felt by students and staff. This two hour workshop provides school staff an awareness of stress, trauma, and grief, their impacts on students, teachers and schools, as well as ways to effectively address them through the lens of recovery and renewal.
By the end of the of the session, we enhance our skills by:
- Differentiating between stress, trauma and grief, and connecting those concepts to our personal and professional experiences in school communities navigating the pandemic and other crisis events.
- Identifying ways socio-cultural trauma can impact other types of stress, trauma, and grief, as well as ways that socio-cultural relationships like community and culture can support healing- within and in the ecosystems of schools.
- Applying the principles of school crisis recovery and renewal to educator pedagogical practice, classroom environment, school site and system leadership, and larger school culture.
Note: this workshop is designed with the assumption that participants are entering with a baseline understanding of trauma & resilience & trauma informed care.
Teachers and administrators in K-12 settings who have experienced school crisis.
- July 18, 2022 slide deck (PDF)
- July 18, 2022 recording
- August 24, 2022 slide deck (PDF)
- Application Grid (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will closed captions be provided? Zoom generates automated captions and a transcript that participants can enable during the training.
- Will this offering be recorded? No.
- Is this offering eligible for Continuing Education (CEs)? No.
- Who can I contact if I have additional questions? Email us at scrr [at] cars-rp.org with “Trauma Informed School Systems for Crisis Recovery and Renewal” in the subject line.
Brianna Young (she/hers), M.Ed
SCRR Field Coach with Trauma Transformed
Brianna Young is a Midwest native, currently based in the Bay Area. Her role is a Lead Trainer and Project Specialist with Trauma Transformed, and serves as a Field Coach for the School Crisis Recovery and Renewal project. Having started her professional career as a middle school teacher and instructional coach, Brianna has a particular heart for schools and all the potential they hold. She obtained her Masters of Education from Concordia University, emphasizing Trauma and Resilience in Educational Settings. Brianna dedicates this work to teachers who view their classrooms as healing spaces, and to the students who walk through those doors.